Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

WilsonSouter

Georgia, United States
Hi I'm Tracie. A friend Christina turned me onto blogging (see her link attached--she is really good at this and fun to follow her blog) I decided to do this blog for all the family and friends that are out of town and just hard to keep in touch with at all times. We have familiy in Tennessee (Go Vols), South Carolina, Buffalo, Indiana, Arkansas, Washington and just for McKenzie---Mississippi. I recently (June 3, 2008) got married so of course included in the blog is my husband Billy and our children. My daughter McKenzie and his son Nick. Billy and I dated for over 4 years before we decided to marry and join our families together. We gave our children plenty of time to get used to 'us' together and they truly love each other!! It is so much better than true siblings..they actually get along! We have traveled a lot in the past 4 years so I hope to include some pictures from those trips. Ok...here we go.....

Friday, July 25, 2008

Well it has been a few days since I wrote anything. I have been getting home late and to tired to get on the computer. I did however get my own laptop so I am way excited about not having to always share...LOL

Do any of you watch HGTV? Love that station! Well....McKenzie is going to be on it and I am soooo excited. Her dad (Mike) got chosen for 'Deserving Design'. HGTV comes to your house and redecorates one room of your house that you choose and a second room they choose as a surprise. Mike's ex-fiance' Beth (sorry Beth I am not sure how else to describe you) nominated him and many months later they came out and interviewed him and McKenzie and he was chosen. Since that time Mike and Beth are not longer engaged but still friends. I don't know the entire story or how they decide who is 'deserving' but if you don't know Mike is an x-ray tech just like me. Mike was in a motorcycle wreck 11 years ago and after 20+ surgeries he lost his leg below the knee. Once he was able to return to work, several years later, he did a number of different jobs. After nothing really worked out he re-took his boards for radiology and is back in X-ray. He works at the Childrens Hospital in Special procedures which is basically the part of radiology where they do invasive procedures such as line placements etc. Next Tuesday 7-29 Mike and McKenzie and I think Beth spend the day with HGTV. They will interview them at his house, go to his work and interview staff and kids, go to the prostesis center he uses and interview etc etc etc--all day. HGTV then decides which 2 rooms they make over, one is his den which was decided upon sign up and the second is supposed to be a surprise. I think he wants the back deck and is hoping for a hot tub etc. They will begin work on the house towards the end of next week and Mike and McKenzie are going out of town (he has to be out of the house) and when they return it will be the big reveal part of the show. We don't know yet when it will be aired but as soon as I find out I will post it. How cool is that...I asked McKenzie to mention me and how much she loves me so we'll see if she remembers...LOL.
I will post a picture of McKenzie and her dad soon.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That is SO stinkin' cool! I haven't seen that show before but I will check it out. Maybe we can qualify for that one. Our deck is NOT kid friendly and I would LOVE our back yard made over!! You'll see when you come over if I let you look out the back door...LOL.
Keep me posted on that. I'm dying to see them on tv and see how they do the story!